There’s You. There’s Me. And There’s Us.
A Couples Retreat for creating greater intimacy through better boundaries.
Master Equus Facilitators Richard Griffin and TJ Killoran are joining forces to offer you and your partner a unique opportunity: an Equus Coaching® Couples Retreat that will introduce both of you to the immediate and powerful results of partnering with a horse as your lead teacher. There is no better place to get in touch with your innate potential as a couple than the rugged but luxurious home of Apache Springs Ranch.
Does any of this sound like your relationship?
- You long for more meaningful connection.
- You want more moments of intimacy and shared sense of purpose.
- You’ve drifted apart a little too far and would like to restore the heartfelt love and connection of earlier years.
- You’re still friends, but the romance and passion aren’t what they used to be.
- Your relationship is good and both of you want to increase the passion and commitment.
Join 5 other couples at Apache Springs Ranch in the high desert of Arizona. In a safe, supportive environment:
- You will learn experientially from horses how to set healthy, loving boundaries.
- You’ll discover the hidden patterns that block the level of connection your heart desires.
- You will experience how to treat emotions as information that can help you navigate your relationship.
- You will practice creating new patterns that increase intimacy and take you and your partner into new and exciting arenas.
- You can experience the power of the herd: gain insights about yourself and your partner by observing other couples and their experience with the horses.
- You’ll learn from horses that non-verbal communication affects your relationship more than words.
I learned that I really didn’t know that I had to set a boundary. I was assuming other people knew where my boundaries were and would respect them. The horse helped me see that I’m responsible for setting my own boundaries on what feels right for me. —Tina M, Toronto
No previous horse experience required. No riding—all work is done on the ground.
|Price per Couple: $2995|
Limited to 6 couples. $1495 due at registration. $1500 due no later than September 20
Day 1: Thursday, October 19
Day 2: Friday, October 20
Day 3: Saturday, October 21
Day 4: Sunday, October 22
What are the TREATS in the Retreat?
- Three fresh, organic meals served daily, along with healthy snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Early morning guided canyon hikes (on request).
- Couples yoga.
- Couples massage (a la carte).
- Take a meditative walk in our labyrinth.
- Magnificent high desert sunsets.
- Fireside reflection with your partner.
- End-of-the-day outdoor hot tub under a blanket of desert stars.
How does Equus Coaching® differ from couples therapy
- This is experiential and somatic learning that is designed to take full advantage of what the horses can teach you.
- This is for cognitively and physically healthy individuals who want to strengthen their relational skills and practice full-respect living.
- The remote location of the ranch provides an ideal setting where you and your partner can safely and deeply explore your relationship.
- As Master Facilitators of the Koelle Institute, Richard and TJ are experienced in leading groups and individuals as they transform and grow in a workshop setting.
- This workshop combines the work of therapists and best-selling authors Pia Mellody and Terrence Real with the power of equine-assisted learning to create a powerful forum where you take your relationship to the next level.
I used to use a lot of sarcasm with my wife. Once I understood that it was really a form of repressed anger left over from being controlled by my parents, I was able to start connecting with her honestly and with gratitude for all she brings to my life. —Darren G, Arlington, VA
- Horses are prey animals whose very existence relies on their ability to read the intentions and behaviors of predators and respond immediately to keep themselves safe. They are also herd animals who thrive when each member lives relationally. These abilities make them gentle, non-shaming teachers who are highly sensitive to our relational skills and emotional states.
- Because horses haven’t been socialized to be “polite,” they give their honest response to our emotions: they see you as you are, and show you what they see.
- The horses will help you tap into your non-verbal communication style in a way that can give you greater freedom and ease in all areas of your life.
- Equus Coaching® is powerful and fast. The horse provides honest, non-shaming feedback in every moment.
- No riding or previous horse experience required. All work is done on the ground.
When I was young, I loved horses and had some wonderful experiences riding and training my own and my friends’ horses. Through these experiences, I saw that non-verbal behavior affects interactions more than words. —Wendy Palmer, Leadership Embodiment
I’m afraid of horses!
- That’s OK! You can interact (or not) with the horses in ways that feel safe to you. TJ and Richard are skilled Equus Coach® Master Facilitators trained by coach and horse whisperer Koelle Simpson. They will help you safely interact with the horse to uncover your unique learning.
- Working with a horse is completely voluntary.
- No riding or previous horse experience required.
Your partner is unsure about all this?
- Maybe he or she is right: this might not be the retreat for you. Or, maybe the two of you just need to know more. To find out, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with Richard or TJ to answer your questions.
- Cancellations made after September 20 are non-refundable.
- $1495 will be refunded for cancellations made between September 1 and September 20.
- Cancellations made prior to September 1 are fully refundable less a $295 processing fee.