Will be posted when events are scheduled — please check back.
Past Years’ Events:
Group Wellness Retreats
The beautiful, high-desert wilderness of the Apache Springs Ranch, located deep within the Coronado National Forest, makes it a natural choice for the hosting of Group Wellness Retreats. A typical day might start with yoga overlooking the canyon or in the old adobe barn, followed by a nutritious breakfast before embarking on a mountain hike or canyon exploration, a meditative walk in the “Man in the Maze” labyrinth (a native style originally designed by the Tohono O’odham people), a trail ride on horseback, some instruction on the ancient skill of fire-making while enjoying an outdoor meal overlooking the canyon, ending with a reflective soak in the hot tub with friends while looking at a full night sky that reveals so much more in the undisturbed darkness of the wilderness. The luxurious accommodations will provide you with the peaceful sleep you need to begin the next morning refreshed and eager for more discovery. After a few days of being immersed in this wilderness setting, nature’s drumbeat will have established its’ rhythm deep within your body and will return with you to home, refreshed and ready to help you tackle your daily challenges.
Medicine for the people: The Power and Magic of Being Yourself
March 3-5, 2017 at Apache Springs Ranch
An Equus Retreat with Koelle Simpson and Bridgette Boudreau
During major life changes we’ve found that learning from nature itself, most especially horses, always helps us to reconnect to a deeper sense of our own truth.
Due to their high level of sensitivity, horses are kind, honest, and gentle teachers that are acutely aware of our internal emotional states. They can offer us a safe environment to consciously reconnect with our suppressed needs, our genuine emotions, and the patterns we bring to our relationships. Bridgette and I are joining together with a team of very wise horses for a chance to be in community, play, laugh and support you as you embrace the next chapter of your own journey.
This retreat is an opportunity to discover and integrate what life is asking of you. It’s an opportunity to take the practical steps needed restore your sense of well-being in the midst of uncertainty.
- Friday, March 3rd – from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Introduction & Dinner
- Saturday, March 4th – from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm – Reconnecting with Your True Nature Workshop Activities
- Sunday, March 5th – from 8:30am to 7:00pm – Being Yourself in Community Workshop Activities
A Single Sign-Up Fee is $2,000
SPECIAL PRICING! Sign-Up with a friend and receive a ($250 discount each) – each of you pay $1750 Book through Koelle Institute for Equus Coaching
- The option for transportation to and from Apache Springs Ranch should you choose to lodge with us onsite
- All meals starting with the arrival dinner on Friday night and concluding with the departure breakfast on Monday morning.
- All workshop activities on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
What’s not included:
- Your airfare
- Your lodging at Apache Springs or a nearby hotel option.
Where to fly into: Tucson International Airport
Apache Springs Ranch Lodging rates: $160 – $320 per night and can include transportation to and from the ranch. Lodging & transportation is not included in the workshop fee. Please email Alain@apachespringsranch.com to reserve lodging and transportation to and from the ranch.
For more details and to book this workshop, go to Koelle Institute for Equus Coaching
Group Wellness Retreats
Click on month to view archived events.
Natural Horsemanship Weekend Clinics with Australia’s Carlos Tabernaberri
The venue is a magnificient 160 acre private ranch located in Arizona’s Coronado National Forest, less than an hour south of the Tucson International Airport.
Carlos will offer his teachings, and horse wisdom on these weekends:
- Fri morning, March 4 to Sun afternoon, March 6, 2016
- Fri morning March 11 to Sun afternoon, March 13, 2016
- Fri morning March 18 to Sun afternoon, March 20, 2016
The registration cost for you and your horse to attend each 3 day clinic is $600 (includes hay and board). The cost to audit the course is $50/day, or $100 for all 3 days.
We are available to provide you with additional information on the cost of accommodation options, horse rental, meal plans, and general info about Apache Springs Ranch.
Become an Extraordinary Leader, Rider, and Partner…Through The Eyes of the Horse with Carlos Tabernaberri.
A clinic with Carlos covers topics such as horse psychology; body language; trust and unity; partnership; developing awareness, feel, balance and self-carriage; bitless riding and much more. Clinic participants are also invited to put forward their own areas of interest or concern, such as trailer loading, bucking, rearing, handling feet or fear of riding that we address in the clinic context.
Regardless of whether you are new to horses or experienced, whether you currently own a horse or not, these clinics emphasise the importance of understanding between you and your horse in order to form a lifelong partnership based on trust and non-violence.
Horsemanship clinic participant numbers are limited to ensure maximum benefit for all, but fence sitters are always welcome and actively included. Be sure to book early to guarantee a place! Private lessons will also be offered.
Carlos’ website: www.whisperingacres.com.au Clinic brochure (PDF): Natural Horsemanship Clinics Article: Award-Winning Horse Listener and “Wonder from Down Under” Carlos Tabernaberri… Article: Meet Melbourne’s horse listener
Experience a retreat at Apache Springs Ranch:
Immerse yourself in the high-desert wilderness while also enjoying the true comfort of traditional Southern Arizonan accommodations through a retreat at Apache Springs. Take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity to learn from Carlos Tabernaberri here in March 2016!
If you cannot bring your horse and would like to participate in this exceptional clinic with Carlos, there are horses available through AZ Horseback. Please contact Ron Izzo of AZ Horseback Experience and he will guide you in choosing the best horse for you to ride in this workshop.
www.horsebackexperience.com. 520-455-5696. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note ~ You must be an Intermediate* or Advanced** rider for this option and the horse fee is $100/day. Registration and deposit to be completed by February 15, 2016, in order for AZ Horseback to provide a horse for you for any of the 3 weekends in March.
*Intermediate – The intermediate rider has taken lessons or trained under a mentor for a while, rides in a specific discipline (or has experience in several disciplines) and may compete. He or she has ridden several different types of horses and can independently manage a horse’s care. Their seat is secure, they do not apply unintentional aids to the horse when they lose balance or become unseated. They know how to rise or post to the trot and ask for and obtain a specific lead or change in lead. They are capable of riding a less experienced horse and helping in that horse’s training. They are able to train/compete at a more advanced level with a trainer’s assistance. The intermediate rider is knowledgeable about different horse breeds and disciplines. He or she knows basic horse conformation and can detect lameness issues.
**Advanced – Advanced riders have ridden most of their lives and have worked with a trainer/mentor for several years or had several years with intense riding instruction. They have competed successfully at recognized shows in their discipline. They are able to ride most horses including working with young/green horses without assistance. They know advanced manoeuvres in their preferred riding discipline and can positively affect the horse they are riding at all times. The advanced rider is able to teach lessons to beginners, break and train horses and teach a horse advanced manoeuvres. The advanced rider knows horse breeds and conformation well and is able to detect unsoundness vs. blemishes in a horse.
The Nature of Spirit Retreat with Jaime Myers
Dates: April 28, 29, 30, and May 1, 2016
The Nature of Spirit Retreat is a magical experience that will leave you rejuvenated, inspired and with an expanded experience of freedom, choice and connection.
Led by Jaime Myers, Founder of Shine Life Design, the Nature of Spirit Retreat is for women who want to explore, learn, grow and lead their best, most fulfilling life. It’s for open hearted women who are turned on by the extraordinary and stand for others’ greatness as well as their own.
April 28, 29, 30 and May 1, 2016 ~ Limited to 16
Check in begins Thursday at 4:00pm and concludes on Sunday at 1:00 pm. Our first session will start Thursday at 5:30pm and will lead into dinner.
A convenient shuttle to Apache Springs Ranch from the Tucson International Airport will be provided at 4:00pm Thursday and will leave the ranch at 1:30pm Sunday to return to the airport.
Tuition (from $1950 depending on room choice) includes:
- 3 Night Accommodations at the newly renovated Apache Springs Ranch recently featured in Phoenix Home and Garden Magazine. The ranch has a rich history and is located in Sonoita, AZ (45 min outside Tucson).
- Heathy & Nourishing Organic Meals and Snacks.
- Group Sessions with Jaime Myers to deepen your connection to your intuition and shift from struggle, fear and questioning to ease, freedom and momentum.
- A balance of conceptual and experiential learning with plenty of time to relax, hike, read, journal and enjoy the ranch.
- Painting and Creative Art Sessions to music in the newly restored barn, overlooking the awe-inspiring canyon. These sessions with artist, Laurie Eastwood will reignite play and bring you from your head to your heart.
- Fireside Conversation and Nature Walk with Apache Elder, Juan Villarreal. His presence, words and wisdom bring a connection to nature in new and profound ways.
- Shamanic Drumming with Dream Healer, Corinn. A healing meditative drum journey for clarification of your path and connection to spirit.
- An opportunity to spend time with the beautiful horses on the ranch.
- Evenings under the stars with wine and soul filling conversation.
More details about the Nature of Spirit Retreat, as well as registration are at:
Wild at Heart
Equine and Nature Based Coaching Retreat with TJ & Elizabeth
September 29 through October 2, 2016
‘Wild at Heart’ is a retreat for women who through the magic of coaching (with horses and humans!) want to…
- Tap into their inner strength and wisdom and discover how to live with more freedom
- Move beyond the ‘daily grind’, reconnect with themselves and find more peace and clarity
- Gain more insight into how they are ‘showing up in the world’ and get support in areas that where they feel stuck or confused
- Discover joyful, empowering strategies that can be applied to everyday life
More details are here: Full Flight Life Coaching: Wild at Heart